DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE FOR CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 VACCINATION
ATTESTATION, SCREENING TESTING, AND VACCINATION VERIFICATION, 29 OCT 21.
This memorandum rescinds and replaces FHP Supplement 23, Revision 1 and provides updated guidance for implementing additional force health protection and workplace safety measures directed by the White House Safer Federal Workforce Task Force to reduce the transmission of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Among other items, the following guidance is provided in this revision: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. In accordance with references (b), (c), and (d) (this memo), DoD civilian employees are required to be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021, subject to exemptions as required by law.
b. DoD contractor personnel and official visitors must attest to being fully vaccinated and, if not fully vaccinated, present the results of a recent negative COVID-19 test as a condition of physical access to DoD buildings and DoD-leased spaces in non-DoD buildings in which official DoD business takes place (referred to jointly in this memorandum as "DoD facilities").
c. In accordance with reference (e) (this memo), Service members (members of the Armed Forces under DoD authority on active duty or in the Ready Reserve, including members of the National Guard) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Once the applicable mandatory vaccination date has passed, COVID-19 screening testing as described in Attachment 7 (this memo) is required at least weekly for Service members who are not fully vaccinated, including those who have an exemption request under review, or who are exempted from COVID-19 vaccination and are entering a DoD facility.
d. Attachment 1 provides vaccination requirements, verification of vaccination processes, enforcement procedures, and exemption guidance for DoD Civilian employees.
e. Attachment 2 provides vaccination and access requirements for DoD Contractor Personnel, Official Onsite Visitors, and Others Seeking Access to Facilities
2. IPPS-A HR TRANSFORMATION SUMMITS - EUROPE 15 - 19 NOV 2021. HQDA, DCS G1 IPPS-A HR Transition Team hosts the Integrated Personnel and Pay System - Army (IPPS-A) Human Resource (HR) Transformation Summit, Europe. The HR Transformation Summit is an engagement and educational briefing that will provide insight into IPPS-A Release 3 (R3, Active Army, Army Reserve and National Guard) business processes, roles, and responsibilities vs. legacy Army HR practices prior to the implementation. IPPS-A transformation team leadership will conduct an in-person HR summit from 15 - 19 NOV 21 in Italy and Germany (visit following link for locations/times) to provide HR professionals and senior leaders with an overview of specific tasks and responsibilities to be executed prior to and during the IPPS-A R3 environment. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. NEW/REVISED PUBLICATIONS. The following new/revised ARs, DA Pams, ADPs, ADRPs, ATPs, ATTPs, FMs and TCs have been published on the APD website during the past month. If the links provided do not work for you, go to the APD website at the following link and use the search function to look for the new edition. https://armypubs.army.mil/
a. ATP 2-22.4, 10/29/2021, Technical Intelligence. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
b. ATP 3-09.12, 10/26/2021, Field Artillery Counterfire and Weapons Locating Radar Operations.
c. ATP 3-18.4, 10/5/2021, Special Forces Special Reconnaissance.
d. HQDA POLICY NOTICE 25-52, 10/4/2021, Staff Action Process and Correspondence Policies.
4. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/defa
a. ALARACT 086/2021, DEATH OF A RETIRED GENERAL OFFICER, DTG: R 292000Z OCT 21. It is with deep regret that the Secretary of the Army and I inform you of the death of General Colin L. Powell, United States Army, Retired. He passed away on 18 October 2021 at the age of 84 in Bethesda, Maryland. As a mark of respect to the memory of General Powell, the National Flag will be flown at half-staff at all Department of the Army buildings, grounds, and naval vessels worldwide from reveille to retreat on 5 November 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay
E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at
on milBook at
a. MILPER MESSAGE 21-420, PREPOSITION/OFFICIAL RELEASE OF THE FISCAL
YEAR (FY) 2021 ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC) ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (AMEDD) SENIOR
SERVICE COLLEGE (SSC) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS, ISSUED: [11/1/2021 9:51:26
AM]. This message announces the release of the schedule of the FY2021 AC
AMEDD SSC selection board results. Officers selected will be slated to
attend SSC during Academic Year (AY) 2022-2023. The official release date of
the board results is 4 November 2021. The prepositioning date will be 2
November 2021 for all preposition recipients.
6. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following S1NET member requests/questions are
pending. If you can assist, please do so.
a. IS THERE A SPECIFIC SFRG BUDGET TRACKER? "As CFRR for the unit I
work for as a civilian and also participate in for my TPU. I was wondering
if there is a specific Soldier Family Readiness Group Budget Tracker? I am
creating one, but it is currently just generic. Not sure if there was one
that was formulated already? Please advise."
7. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 28 Oct 21). Hot openings listed at
the following link.
a. J3 Joint Ops Center Chief (11A) in the grade of O5 (LTC). Location:
Al Udeid AB. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. Food Service Technician in support of OEFF-SS, FS and OIR.
Interested service members must be in the MOS of 922A/ W2-W4 or 92G/ E8-E9
with a SECRET Clearance. Location: As Sayliyah, Qatar.
c. ECAB DCO in support of Spartan Shield. Interested Service Members
must be in the MOS of 15A/B within the rank of LTC-COL. Location: Kuwait.
8. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the
following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR
primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit
post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on
the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those
posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance
with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message
a. 1398TH DDSB (BALTIMORE MARYLAND) TPU VACANCIES.
b. 94TH TRAINING DIVISION (FS), TPU, E6-E8/46Z, PAO NCO, FORT LEE, VA.
c. HHC COMPANY COMMANDER OF 1ST BRIGADE (QM), 94TH TRAINING DIVISION
(FS), CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA.
d. FIRST SERGEANT VACANCIES!!! FSC, 863RD ENGINEER BATTALION (DARIEN,
IL) AND 996 ENGINEER COMPANY (MILWAUKEE, WI).
e. 115TH FIELD ARTILLERY BRIGADE, LTC(P)-COL, 13A/FA, 115TH FAB CDR,
CHEYENNE, WY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. 100TH TRAINING DIVISION (LD), TPU POSITIONS, MULTIPLE VACANCIES,
ENL/ OFF, INCLUDING, LTC G-1, LTC G-4, LTC IR, LTC IG AND LTC G-8, FT KNOX,
g. CENTER FOR ARMY LESSONS LEARNED (CALL) MILITARY ANALYST FORWARDS
(MAF'S) NEEDED, MAJOR TO COLONEL (04-06), CW3 TO CW5 OR MASTER SERGEANT TO
SERGEANT MAJOR (E8-E9), POSITIONS AT ALL COMPO 1 CORPS AND DIVISIONS.