Tuesday, May 16, 2023

ArmyIgnitED Academic Certs, HTARs, and EDPs

U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Robert E. Livingston, Jr., the adjutant general for South Carolina, attends the National Guard 379th Birthday ceremony hosted at the Adjutant General’s building, Columbia, S.C., Dec. 11, 2015. The ceremony included Livingston’s remarks and a traditional cake cutting. Among the attendees was World War II veteran and retired U.S. Army Command Sgt. Major J.W. Childers, along with Staff Sgt. Steve Becknell and Pvt. Kniesha Fields, the oldest and youngest service members in attendance, respectively. (U.S. Army National Guard photo by Staff Sgt. Roby Di Giovine/Released)


Date Published: 15 May 23 Subject: Academic Certificate Program Education Goal, Historical Tuition Assistance (TA) Request(s) and Evaluated Degree Plan  1. Academic Certificate Programs Available in ArmyIgnitED    a. Eligible Soldiers are now able to select the Academic Certificate Program Education Goal in the ArmyIgnitED System if they want to pursue an Academic Certificate. Soldiers are authorized one Academic Certificate per lifetime with a cap of 21 Semester Hours (SH). These 21 SH do not count against the lifetime caps of 130 SH for undergraduate and 39 SH for graduate.    b. Soldiers are eligible to pursue an academic certificate if they do not have an approved degree education goal.    c. Soldiers must submit an academic certificate degree plan when requesting an Academic Certificate Education Goal in the ArmyIgnitED System.    d. Soldiers without an official/evaluated academic degree plan will have a blocker (hold) if they already have two approved courses on their education goal.    e. If Soldiers have questions about the Academic Certificate Program Education Goal, they should reach out to their Education Center for more information. 2.  Historical Tuition Assistance Requests End Date: 30 June 2023!!    a. Historical TA Requests. If Soldiers want to request tuition assistance for courses with start dates in FY21 or FY22 but were unable to request tuition assistance in the previous ArmyIgnitED system, Soldiers must provide proof of course completion to their Army Education Center and request a historical TA request. The documentation must include course code and title, course cost verification, course final grade, course start and end dates, Soldier name, and Academic Institution name. (NOTE: If Soldiers have already provided this information to their Education Center and requested the historical TA request, there is no requirement to do it again).  If Soldiers have any questions, they should contact their Education Counselor.      b. After the Education Counselor creates the historical TA request(s), Soldiers must go into their upgraded ArmyIgnitED account (https://www.armyignited.army.mil/student/public/welcome) and sign the historical TA request(s). Without the signature, schools are not able to invoice the Army for the TA requests, and this will create an outstanding balance on the Soldier’s school account.    c.  Historical TA requests will no longer be accepted after 2359 EST on 30 June 2023. 3. Tuition Assistance Evaluated Degree Plan Requirement, Effective 1 August 2023    a. Effective 1 August 2023, Soldiers using TA are required to provide an Evaluated Degree Plan upon submission of two TA funded courses. Soldiers without an Evaluated Degree Plan will have a TA blocker (hold) preventing Soldiers from requesting TA for future courses. Soldiers must provide their Evaluated Degree Plan to the education center prior to        1 August 2023 to avoid this TA blocker (hold).    b. For questions about the Evaluated Degree Plan requirement, Soldiers should contact their Education Center. Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for Soldiers (ACCESS) Army University / Combined Arms Center / contact your education center support team


Post a Comment