Date Published: 18 Mar 21
1. Due to the delay in launch of ArmyIgnitED, HQ ACCESS will now provide exception to policy (ETP) Tuition Assistance (TA) funding for all classes that began 8 March 2021 and extend this ETP for all classes that start up to 10 business days after the launch of the TA program in ArmyIgnitED, regardless of the date Soldiers enrolled in these classes.
a. HQ ACCESS will message Soldiers through ACT and ArmyIgnitED when the TA program is back on line. Soldiers can determine if their class is eligible for ETP funding by adding 10 business days to the TA program launch date or consulting an online business date calculator. Example: if the TA program launches in ArmyIgnitED on 19 March 2021 then classes with start dates up to 5 April 2021 (10 business days from 19 March) would be eligible for ETP TA.
b. This ETP process will cover TA at the approved rate of up to $250 per semester hour. Even though HQ ACCESS has requested that Educational Institutions (EI) allow Soldiers to attend classes pending the approval of TA under this ETP, some EIs may require that Soldiers pay out of pocket tuition or late fees to secure their classes. HQ ACCESS is working with EIs to address this. Soldiers who pay out-of-pocket for tuition should receive reimbursement from the EI equal to the amount of TA paid to the EI by the Army.
c. Soldiers should continue enrolling in classes at their EIs; however, Soldiers will not be able to submit an ETP TA Request or receive ETP TA for any classes until after the TA program comes back on line in ArmyIgnitED.
d. Soldiers must be eligible for TA (e.g., not Flagged, have TA remaining for FY) to receive this ETP TA funding.
e. Soldiers with questions about this ETP should contact their Army Education Center/Office directly or submit an ArmyIgnitED SNOW helpdesk case after the TA program goes back on line.
2. Once the TA program is back on line in ArmyIgnitED, Soldiers must take the following steps to request ETP TA for classes beginning 8 March 2021 through the extended ETP period:
a. Soldiers must check their ArmyIgnitED TA education record to ensure that they have an approved Education Path (formerly known as a home school and degree plan).
b. If an approved Education Path does not exist, Soldiers must submit an Education Path and have it approved by an Army Education Counselor and their EI within ArmyIgnitED before they can receive ETP TA. Soldiers can find a how-to-guide for submitting an Education Path in the ArmyIgnitED Soldier Help Center.
c. Once an Education Path has been approved, Soldiers should submit an ETP request via an ArmyIgnitED ServiceNow helpdesk case using the "Other" case category. Soldiers should include the EI name, class catalog acronym/number, class name, and class start/end dates for all classes in the case. Soldiers whose EI submitted a list of enrollments eligible for an ETP to HQ ACCESS do not have to submit an ETP request via an ArmyIgnitED Service helpdesk case; however, Soldiers who want to verify whether their EI submitted their enrollments should submit a case requesting this information.
d. The ETP request helpdesk case will be escalated to a Soldier's assigned Army Education Center/Office. Once received, the Army Education Center/Office will verify that all required information is present in the helpdesk case and then escalate the case to HQ ACCESS for submission of the TA Request (TAR).
e. After receiving the helpdesk case, HQ ACCESS will verify that a Soldier's EI has electronically uploaded the Soldier's enrollment file to ArmyIgnitED. This enrollment file must be uploaded before a TAR can be submitted. HQ ACCESS will contact the EI if the electronic enrollment file has not been uploaded.
f. After HQ ACCESS submits the TAR, the TAR will route to the Soldier's assigned Army Education Center/Office for approval. The Soldier will receive an email notification when the TAR has been approved.
3. A Soldier's class or classes must begin 8 March 2021 through the extended ETP period for a Soldier to receive TA under this ETP. Soldiers with questions about the process for requesting ETP TA for classes beginning before and after this timeframe should contact their Education Centers/Offices directly or submit an ArmyIgnitED helpdesk case after the TA program comes back on line.
ACCESS, Army University
1. EXTENDED POLICY GUIDANCE FOR IDENTIFICATION CARD OPERATIONS DURING THE CORONA VIRUS DISEASE 2019 PANDEMIC, 2 JUN 21. From the Under Se...
MEDPROS IMR Printout (You can also get this from your Battalion Medical Readiness NCO) Must show a current yearly PHA on file and current Ne...
1. SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL (SLA) IN CONNECTION WITH COVID-19. From Army G-1 Compensation and Entitlements: Leave earned from 1 October 2020 t...